Google newly released the first update to Install Android 7.1 Nexus 5, and many handsets around the world are scheduled to get the update. The new update brings together some cosmetic and software changes to the already powerful Marshmallow 6.0.
These cosmetic changes include importance given to multitasking with the new split screen baked into the update. The update also adds a quick toggle between apps. Users just need to double tap the recent apps icon to switch back and forth between their very recent apps.
Nougat also comes with a new launcher and Google Assistant, which is a step up from the Google Soon of Marshmallow 6.0. Google Assitant takes on user preferences and adjusts itself accordingly.
Another excellent feature of the Nougat is bundled notifications, and this grants users the ability to reply to their notifications from the notification plate itself.
Nexus 5 users can finally breathe easy, as the Nougat will be coming to the Nexus 5 through a system ROM. Earlier, the phone was excluded from the global list of phones getting an OTA update for the Nougat.
Method to Install Android 7.1 Nexus 5
NOTE: Before the update, you should backup personal data and contacts.
- For the update, you need to make confirm that your device is rooted. You would need to select for a custom recovery while rooting the device. For the firmware, two conditions are needed: Team OctOs Android and ROM (download here) and GApps files for Nougat (download here).
- After downloading the software, choose the ROM zip file. To find the file navigate to the Hammerhead section. Connect the Nexus 5 to a PC and copy the data to the rooted internal storage of the phone.
- Putting the device in Recovery Mode installs the ROM. The recovery mode can be enabled by powering the device off, and then holding the volume down key concurrently with the power key for some seconds until the fast-boot menu shows up.
- Navigate using the volume keys and then select Recovery Mode. After moving into the recovery mode, select “Wipe” and then check the factory reset. After that, the users just have to press “Install” and then select the two downloaded files from ROM and GApps. Those files are in the root of Nexus 5’s internal memory.
- After selecting the files, swipe and confirm the install. It would need 10 minutes for installation. Boot up the phone after installation and enjoy the newfound Nougat experience!