Pixel Launcher is the Smartphone home screen experience for the Pixel and Pixel XL phones by Google. Personalized information from Google is just a swipe away.
Google now has two launcher apps in the Play Store, but you probably can’t install the current one. The Pixel Launcher is one of the selling points of the Pixel phones and remains technically exclusive to them. But of course, we have the APK ready for download.
Having the Pixel Launcher in the Play Store means several things. First, Google can start updates to the launcher very easily. If you want to sideload the launcher, the versions published on the store will be mirrored instantly. That’s better than waiting on APKs from system dumps to show up. Additionally, it would be very simple for Google to flip a switch and make the Pixel Launcher available for more phones. We don’t recognize when or if that will actually happen, though.
Key features of Pixel Launcher:
• Swipe right from your home screen to see personalized Google cards that bring you personalized information and, at just the right time.
• A quick way to Google Search on your primary smartphone home screen.
• Swipe up on the bottom Favorites row to find your apps from A-Z.
• App Recommendations bring the app you’re looking for to the top of your A-Z list.
• Long-press on apps that support shortcuts to skip right into where you need to go or long-press on the shortcuts to drag them to the home screen.
Recent Updates of Pixel Launcher:
• The weather seems in the top right corner for your current location.
• Visual refresh of wallpaper picker
• New circular folder display.
• Shortcuts on long-press of supporting apps.