Unlock Bootloader Google Pixel
The Google Pixel and Pixel XL is a newly added Nexus device which comes with locked bootloader. But with few simple steps you can Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL. These phones come with all new design, killer features, top-notch specifications and latest Android 7.1 Nougat software. Along with the powerful specifications, you can add extras by rooting your Smartphone, but for that, you require to unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL first.
If you buy a Google Pixel or Pixel XL and planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, then you have to unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL first. Make sure warranty of your phone will void after unlocking bootloader or rooting. Once you unlock Google Pixel and Pixel XL bootloader, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. So here is the step by step lead with the help of that you can quickly unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL. Read the below note carefully before you unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may damage your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will delete all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we recommend you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Assure that your Smartphone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in-between the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader Google Pixel And Pixel XL –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from the setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About Smartphone and select the Build Number 7 times.
2) Install the ADB and fast boot driver for windows and then restart if you previously have the driver installed then skip this step.
3) Next installation of the driver, you can see a folder titled ADB in your installation directory. Enter into the folder and you find four files containing ADB and fastboot.exe.
4) Now press and hold ‘shift’ button and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and click ‘Open command window here’.
5)Now connect your phone to PC and open the fast boot mode. To enter the fast boot mode of Google Pixel and Pixel XL type the below command in command prompt or press ‘Power + Volume Up’ button
adb reboot bootloader
6) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your attachment by entering following command in command prompt. It will state your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the previous command is not responding.
7) To unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL, go to the command line and type below command. It will only take seconds to perform the process.
fastboot oem unlock 8) Above step will unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL. Now your device will reboot into bootloader mode.
9) To verify that your device is successfully unlocked, type below command in the command prompt you see ‘Device Unlocked’ bit set to ‘True’.
fastboot oem device-info
Here is the complete guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Google Pixel and Pixel XL. But unlocking your bootloader single is not enough you should install a custom recovery and root your device to get full entrance. If you have any doubt related to above process comment below.