(Unofficial) Update CM 14 Lenovo k5 & K5 Plus is now available for download. This is an initial build and contains few bugs. lately, Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for many Nexus Devices. Unofficial CM14 is already available for Yu Euphoria, OnePlus 3, OnePlus X and more devices. And now CM14 ROM for Lenovo K5/K5 Plus is available for download. XDA Member scritch007 posted the unofficial CM14 for Lenovo K5/K5 Plus.
The ROM is an opening nougat alpha build for Lenovo K5/K5 Plus and missing some features, but developers manage to make it useful. This build contains many bugs, but that’s improved with time. But the good news is you can experience Android N on Lenovo K5/K5 Plus. The CM14 Android N for Lenovo K5/K5 Plus brings Nougat features to your device.
- This ROM is work on Lenovo K5/K5 Plus. Don’t try this on any different device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you will brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a full backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in the middle of a process.
Download and Update CM 14 Lenovo k5 & K5 Plus
- Download CanogenMod 14 ROM for Lenovo K5/K5 Plus – Download, Development Page
- CM14 Gapps For Lenovo K5/K5 Plus
How to Update CM 14 Lenovo k5 & K5 Plus
1) First of all, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then jump this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14 ROM for Lenovo K5/K5 Plus and Gapps from above and keep it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device in Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you have to open recovery mode. Then in TWRP, build a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if something goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, & data then swipe to verify it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. Next, the process finishes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik Cache repeat and Reboot your device.