Update Lineage OS Galaxy S2 : LINEAGE OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with an additional donation from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.LineageOS does still involve various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will surely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
How to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S2 i9100
1. Download and Copy the Gapps for lineage os and Galaxy S2 Lineage os14.1 ROM ZIP to your phone.
2. Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any another custom recovery.
3. Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may hold complete backup of your phone data or take an NANDROID backup of the current ROM
4. First, flash the Galaxy S2 Lineage os14.1 ROM ZIP from the device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
5. Then reboot into recovery Mode(don’t skip this) and flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
6. Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S2
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 14.1 forGalaxy S2
1. Copy the latest Galaxy S2 Lineage rom14.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
2. Boot into Recovery.
3. Flash the latest lineage ROM ZIP from your phone.
4. Then flash into the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
5. Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage 14.1 for Galaxy S2.