Update Lineage OS Samsung Celox : Lineage os is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any necessary to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Update Lineage OS Samsung Celox
Take care of following tasks before you proceed with flashing custom ROM:
Task 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Task 2: Be sure to take backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos and videos stored on your device’s internal or external storage.
Task 3: Make sure that your device is fully charged. Ideally, the battery level should be around 60-80%. The more the better.
Task 4: USB Debugging should be enabled on your device.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have GApps in them. So, you will have to download and install GApps manually.
Done with preliminary precautionary steps? So, here’s the guide:
TWRP recovery let’s you do a number of cool stuff but the entire point of having a custom recovery is to be able to flash unsigned .zip files. These .zip files could be anything from a custom kernel, boot, recovery, MODs or complete custom ROMs.
How to Install a Lineage OS ROM using TWRP Recovery
- Download and transfer the Lineage os ROM & Gapps to your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your device. If your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
4. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select Lineage os ROM .zip file and gapps for lineage os that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once cache & Dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System” button.
DOWNLOAD LINEAGE OS FOR Galaxy S5 China LINEAGE OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM: