Update Lineage OS Xiaomi Mi4 Nougat Cancro / Xiaomi Mi3w Nougat 7.1.1 : LINEAGE OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any obligation to have any Google application installed. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
It is Also Available For REDMI NOTE 3 (KENZO)
Update Lineage OS Xiaomi Mi4 Nougat Cancro
Take care of mentioned tasks before you continue with flashing custom ROM:
Task 1: Install USB drivers for your device on your PC.
Task 2: Be sure to backup your data including Contacts, SMS / MMS, APN & MMS Settings as well as photos & videos saved on your Device internal or external storage.
Task 3: Make sure that your device is well charged. Ideally, the battery level should be about 60-80%.
Task 4: USB Debugging will be enabled.
Important: Most of the custom ROM will not have Google Apps in them. So, you have to download and install Google Apps manually.
Done with introductory precautionary steps? So, here’s the guide:
TWRP recovery lets you do a number of cool stuff but the whole purpose of having a custom recovery is to be capable of flashing unsigned .zip files. These .zip files could be anything from a custom kernel, boot, recovery, MODs or full custom ROMs.
LINEAGE OS is also Available for REDMI 2
Let’s see how to flash lineage os ROM on Xiaomi Mi4 Nougat Cancro using TWRP recovery.
How to Update Lineage OS Redmi 3s/Prime Android 7.1.1 using TWRP Recovery
- Download and transfer the Lineage os ROM and Gapps for lineage os you wish to flash to your Smartphone storage.
- Boot your Smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
└ Note: This will factory reset your Smartphone. If your custom ROM doesn’t need a factory reset, then simply skip this step.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Lineage os ROM .zip file and gapps for lineage os that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation procedure. This may take some of the time.
- Once ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once cache & Dalvik wipe finishes, Tap the “Back” button on-screen and then choose “Reboot System” button.
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Xiaomi Mi4 Nougat Cancro LINEAGE OS Nougat 7.1.1 CUSTOM ROM: